Hal's Bar and Grill

Hal's Bar and Grill
1349 Abbot Kinney Blvd
Venice, CA 90291

T came to visit one weekend and so we went to walk around Abbot Kinney Blvd to find a place to eat. There's plenty of great brunch places so we walked around for a bit trying to decide where we wanted to eat. We ended up stumbling into Hal's Bar and Grill.

It looks like it would be a really fancy restaurant with a bar on the right and the restaurant on the left. However, I was not pleased with the service I received. The food was pretty good thought..just a bit salty. Also, for $12 a plate, I could get something better elsewhere.

Smoked Salmon Scramble
with asparagus, sundried tomatoes, burrata cheese, basil and chives, fruit
I got plenty of salmon which I was pleasantly pleased with. But I think that the salmon mixed with the sundried tomatoes made it a little too salty.

Savory Scramble
with citrus-jalapeno bacon, cabernet onions and sharp cheddar cheese, homefries
First, I want to apologize for the quality of this picture...it sucks. But back to the food. Citrus Jalapeno Bacon was really good. I've never had/heard of it before. It definitely had a kick to it but nothing crazy. The homefries were ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment